Braces for Adults
These are not your grandmother’s (or even your mother’s) braces. As orthodontic technology and imaging advances, braces have become less bulky and much more discreet. Here are a couple of options for braces:
- Traditional Braces – metal braces are still an excellent way to correct orthodontic issues. An affordable treatment, many adults with severe misalignment issues, or adults that aren’t concerned about being discreet, will opt for traditional braces.
- Invisalign – these clear aligners are perfect for adults wanting to correct misalignment or improper bites discreetly. The Invisalign aligners are customized to the unique shape of your teeth and mouth. Within 12-15 months, the aligners will gradually move the teeth into the correct alignment. As long as patients commit to wearing the aligners for 22 hours every day, this is an excellent option for adults.
Reasons You May Need Adult Braces
As an adult, getting braces is a personal decision. You may feel that you would have more confidence with a straighter smile, or maybe you are tired of feeling discomfort when eating, speaking, or just in your day-to-day life. Whatever the reason, we are here for you! There are many great options for adults to straighten their teeth affordably and discreetly (if that is a concern). Here are some reasons you may need/want braces as an adult:
- Improper Bites (including crossbite, open bite, underbite, and overbite)
- Discomfort or Pain of the Jaw or Teeth
- Spacing or Crowding
- Frequent Headaches
- Eating or Speech Difficulty
There are many reasons to get braces as an adult, and the best way to decide whether or not you need them is by discussing with your dentist and orthodontist. You may want to boost your confidence and get braces for cosmetic reasons – and that is absolutely acceptable.
The most popular option for older teens and adults when it comes to braces is Invisalign. A clear alignment system that allows patients to discreetly straighten their teeth within 12-15 months, Invisalign might just be the solution you have been waiting for!
How it Works
Using the latest in orthodontic technology, we use 3D imaging to get a detailed ‘blueprint’ of your teeth. The clear aligners are then custom-made for the unique size and shape of your mouth and teeth. Patients will wear the aligners for at least 22 hours every day – removing to eat, speak, or for special occasions. Gradually, the aligners will move the teeth into proper alignment. Patients will see the orthodontist every 4-6 weeks to get the next series of aligners until success has been reached.
There are many benefits of Invisalign. Here are just a few:
- Discreet – a perfect solution for professionals or adults that don’t want to draw attention to their mouths during treatment.
- Flexible – it is recommended that the aligners are worn for at least 22 hours every day, but patients have the flexibility to remove them during meals or for special instances such as speaking or photographs.
- Comfort – because the aligners are custom-made, patients love the comfort that Invisalign gives them over traditional braces.
- Simple – No special tools are required for cleaning the aligners, and adjustments don’t need to be made. Simply wear them, clean them by rinsing them with water or an approved denture cleanser, and watch your beautiful smile appear.
- Fast – most patients see results within weeks and complete their treatment within 12-15 months.
Meet us in Casa Grande or Marana
Our team at Walton Orthodontics would love to meet with you and help you decide what options are right for you. We treat many adults who desire to have a straighter, more beautiful smile. We have two convenient locations in Casa Grande and Marana!